Choosing Hiking Boots
Hiking trips are usually severe on your feet. The comfort of your feet is of great importance whether on an afternoon trek down a local hillock or an extensive excursion. For that, the choice of hiking boots is important.
Choosing hiking boots is one of the most important decisions you as a hiker make.
Your hiking boots can either make your trip memorable or miserable. The right hiking boots can carry you farther, faster
and safer than any cheap pair of casual shoes.To choose your right hiking boots please make use of the following guidelines:
- First determine the kind of activity that the boot is going to be used for. Light hiking may require a less expensive, less complex boot than a backpacking trip which will probably last ten days. This choice will ease down the difficulty of choosing hiking boots.
- Hiking boots should be rock solid from the bottom. You should not be able to feel the rocks, pebbles and thorns. If
they are not solid from the bottom, you will find your leg hurt or more tired at the end of the day.
- Your hiking boots should also provide good support for the side of the leg and ankle. This will protect from all those
hiking cramps and sprained ankles.
- Make sure they are waterproof. If they are not, then ask whether they are capable of waterproofing with waterproofing
solutions. Remember this is very important to checkout your boots for waterproofing.
- You hiking boots should be little bit heavy as lighter boots will not be able to take up the load of your backpack.